These terms and conditions as amended from time to time (the "Program Terms") govern the overall Starpass loyalty program (the “Program”) brought to you by National Amusements, Inc. (collectively, "we," "us," "our," "ours", “Showcase Cinemas”, or “Showcase”).
Your participation or use of any membership or related benefits in the Program ("Membership") at any time subjects the user ("you," "your," "yours," "Member") to the provisions of these Program Terms.
Membership in the Program will also involve use of our website including the mobile version thereof and the Showcase mobile application. Use of the Showcase website and/or application is subject to our Terms & Conditions of Use ("General Terms"). You agree that your Membership or use of the Program also subjects you to the General Terms. In particular, please note that terms in the General Terms that therefore apply to the Program and are incorporated into these Program Terms by this reference include without limitation Electronic Communications, Mobile Services, Use of Service Is At Your Own Risk, Disclaimer of Implied Warranties, Limits on Liability, Indemnity, Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver, and Applicable Law. In the event of any conflict between the Program Terms and the General Terms with respect to the Program, the Program Terms will control.
MEMBERSHIP AND GENERAL TERMS/CONDITIONS
1. Members of the Program agree to these Program Terms, as published and subject to periodic update. These Program Terms replace all previously published information, and Members have the responsibility to check for any updates. If these Program Terms are updated, any changes will apply to all Members, including Members enrolled before Showcase posts the updated text, except as may be prohibited by law. Showcase may change these Program Terms, in whole or in part, at any time without notice, even though changes may affect Rewards and benefits earned before such changes.
2. There is no purchase necessary to become a Member of Starpass. The Starpass Membership term is unlimited. Members who provide their membership number when making qualifying purchases will receive one (1) credit for each dollar spent (“Credit”). When a Member receives Credit transactions collectively totaling $50, $5 in rewards will be issued to the Member’s account (“Rewards”).
3. Showcase reserves the right to deactivate the –Membership after two (2) years (twenty-four (24) consecutive months) of non-use. “Non-use” includes, but is not limited to, a Member failing to use the Membership or access his or her online account. All Rewards associated with an inactive account will be null and void. Members with an inactive account may request that it be reactivated in theater or by sending an email to email@example.com with the request.
4. By enrolling in the Program, Members agree to receive advertising, marketing materials and other Program communications via email, unless Members specifically unsubscribe from said email communications. Members will be asked to provide an email address, name, date of birth, phone number, mailing address and preferred theater in order to receive benefits, notifications, and Rewards. We expect Members to submit and maintain accurate and current user information in connection with their Memberships. Members can change their account information by (i) updating Member profile data by accessing their Membership or (ii) requesting an update from a staff member at the box office or Guest Service information desk of any Showcase location in the US. We cannot assume any, and we disclaim all, liability for correspondence, mail or e-mail that is lost, delayed or misdirected.
5. Membership is valid at participating Showcase locations in U.S. Membership to the Program is open to residents of the U.S. who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. If a Member is between thirteen (13) and the age of majority in his/her state or jurisdiction, the Member, by enrolling in the Program, acknowledges that he/she has obtained permission to do so from a parent or legal guardian. Showcase Cinemas’ Starpass program does not knowingly collect information about individuals under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are a parent or guardian or other person and become aware of information collected from an individual under thirteen (13) years of age, please contact Showcase immediately by emailing Starpass@showcasecinemas.com.
6. Membership accounts, benefits, Credit, special offers, and Rewards (i) are nontransferable, except to a new Membership account for the same Member in the case of a lost or stolen account number, (ii) have no cash value and are not gift cards or gift certificates, (iii) may not be offered for resale, and (iv) are not redeemable for cash under any circumstance unless required by law. Accumulated Credit, Rewards and special offers do not constitute property of the Member. Additionally, accumulated Credit, Rewards and special offers are not transferable by a Member upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise. Credit, Rewards, special offers, tier cost, and other benefits of the Program may be taxable to the Member where required by law.
7. Entities or persons using the Program for profit are not eligible to become or remain Members or to accumulate Rewards. Membership is intended for individual use only, and is not available to organizations, legal entities or groups including, but not limited to, businesses, churches, daycare, non-profits, etc. Abuse of the Program, including failure to follow these Program Terms, may result in the termination of the Member’s Account, future disqualification from participation and forfeiture of all Credit, Rewards and special offers accrued, in addition to other remedies available to us under applicable law. In connection with the enforcement of these Program Terms, Showcase reserves the right to take appropriate legal action as it deems necessary and will be entitled to recover damages, attorneys’ fees and court costs as allowed by applicable law.
8. Showcase reserves the right to terminate a Membership, including any associated accounts, without notice, for any reason in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, abusive, vulgar, or offensive behavior by the Starpass Member, or any member of the Starpass Member’s party, towards any Showcase staff member or other customer of Showcase while on property, or our belief that continued use of such Membership would violate any provision of these Program Terms or applicable law, or would otherwise be harmful to our interests. In the event of any such termination by Showcase, existing Rewards will be valid until their stated expiration date, unless earned Rewards were a result of fraudulent behavior. Credit, Rewards and special discounts obtained as a result of fraudulent behavior will be forfeited. Examples of fraudulent behavior that may result in Membership cancellation include, but are not limited to, (1) making purchases either online, through Showcase or third party vendors, or at the theater and then refunding in an attempt to inflate spending or transactions on a Member’s account, and (2) posting Member-directed promotional offers or coupons, or an account number on websites or reproducing for use by third parties or public websites.
9. We may terminate or alter any or all of the benefits available under the Program at any time with or without notice. In the event we terminate the Program, we may elect to maintain Membership benefits until expiration of special offers.
10. Member accounts may be closed and/or Credit and Rewards may be adjusted due to any type of computer or technical issues that may arise. This would include any type of electronic malfunctions or human error on behalf of Showcase staff members. Showcase will, to the best of its ability, attempt to fix any accounts that are closed due to any of the above-referenced reasons and reapply any outstanding Rewards or Credit existing at the time the issue arose.
11. Members may be provided with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to restricted portions of the Member website page. Each Member has the responsibility for the use of his/her own password and username to gain access to the Starpass loyalty website page.
12. We will have no responsibility for a Member’s inability to access such restricted portions of such website if a Member has lost or forgotten his/her username, password or other necessary access code. Members can reset their password.
13. From time to time, Members may be eligible for sweepstakes, contests or other promotions. Participation in such events shall be subject to the terms, conditions and rules published at the time of such event and applicable state laws.
The Program entitles Members to the following Credit, Rewards, special offers, and other Membership benefits. All benefits, Rewards, special offers, and other savings received are treated as discounts for tax purposes.
1. Accumulation of Credit. Starpass Members will receive Credit on virtually every purchase made. Members will receive Rewards once they reach $50 in cumulative purchases. Credit will be awarded to Members for qualifying purchases made at participating Showcase Cinemas locations when they present or enter their Membership number during box office and concession stand transactions, when purchasing tickets at an in-theater kiosk or on our mobile application, or when purchasing online at INSERT LINK and/or other approved ticketing partners. Credit earned for the purchase of qualifying food and beverage items will be placed into a pending status and awarded the day after the purchase date. Credit earned in connection with ticket purchases made at the box office, kiosk, or online will be placed into a pending status and awarded the day following the showtime of the purchased ticket(s).
2. Any Rewards earned by a Member will expire after a period of nine (9) consecutive calendar months from the date of issue.
3. Members can receive Credit for up to $500 in qualifying purchases per day.
Ineligible Purchases. The following purchases or products are NOT eligible toward earning Credit or redemption of Rewards:
1. Showcase gift cards, pre-paid discount or bulk tickets, passes or free admissions of any sort, ticket reservations granted as a benefit of the Showcase Subscribe program, or other discounted or bulk purchase items.
2. In conjunction with the use of a FREE box office or concession offer/pass.
3. Initial purchase of gift cards and Prestige tickets; gift cards and Prestige tickets are eligible toward earning Credit upon REDEMPTION at Showcase locations in the U.S., but NOT upon initial purchase.
4. Tips given to Showcase Cinemas employees.
5. Auditorium or theater rental fees.
6. Tickets or concessions purchased for a group or an organization via auditorium buyout or otherwise.
7. Ticket purchases that are refunded.
8. Purchases made at a sublet space within a Showcase location.
9. Arcade purchases.
10. Sales tax.
11. Charitable donations or charitable products sold at Showcase locations.
12. Retail merchandise items are eligible toward earning Rewards; however, Rewards may not be redeemed for purchasing retail merchandise items unless stated otherwise.
Starpass Members will receive 10% in Rewards on virtually every purchase made. Rewards will be issued when a Member reaches a cumulative transaction amount of $50 in accordance with these Program Terms.
For every $50 accumulated on purchases made at participating Showcase locations and approved ticketing partners, Members will receive $5 in Rewards.
Members can use their Rewards towards any purchase, except those listed as ineligible within these Program Terms. Rewards may not be used toward the purchase of a Showcase Subscribe Membership or alcoholic beverages.
Rewards have no cash value. All earned Rewards are valid for nine months from date of issuance at which time they will expire. A Member may redeem his/her earned and unexpired Rewards online and at participating Showcase locations in the US.
Available Rewards will be treated as a discount and will be applied to the purchase of eligible items upon the Member’s request. Any unused portion of the Rewards will carry over for future redemption.
1. Birthday Gift. Members who provide a date of birth during the registration process, will receive a free regular popcorn as a “birthday gift”. The free regular popcorn will be automatically loaded onto a Member’s account on the Member’s birth date and will be available for thirty (30) days after the load date. The birthday gift will be automatically redeemed when ordering a regular popcorn within the promotional period. Gourmet popcorn and promotional offers are excluded from the birthday gift.
2. Ticketing Fee Waiver. Members purchasing tickets through showcasecinemas.com or other designated ticketing partners will have all ticketing fees waived.
3. Refills. Members will receive one same-day free refill on large popcorn and large soft drink purchases. Gourmet popcorn and promotional offers are excluded.
4. Tuesday Ticket Savings. Members will receive $2 off established ticket pricing for Tuesday showtimes at participating theaters. This offer is valid for a total of four (4) tickets, which includes one (1) ticket for the Member and up to three (3) guests. Additionally, registered Starpass members may purchase a Tuesday ticket for $5. Offer valid for the Starpass member and a guest at participating theaters in MA, RI, CT and Concourse Plaza Multiplex Cinemas in NY. Surcharges for premium formats, special events and exclusions apply. This offer is valid for a limited time. This offer is available for purchase in-theater at the box office, kiosk, through the Showcase mobile application, and online at showcasecinemas.com. Group purchases and group discounts do not apply.
5. Other Benefits. From time to time, Showcase, in its discretion, may offer additional benefits and events to Members. For example:
- At any given time, Showcase may sponsor sweepstakes. Each sweepstakes will have its own set of terms and conditions; Showcase employees and family members are not eligible to win. Depending on the sweepstakes, Members may receive automatic entry with each use of their account number.
- At any given time, Showcase may host a special Member-only movie screening at select theaters in certain markets. In order to participate in these screenings, Members must opt in to receive email notifications. Members will then be notified of these screenings via email.
- At any given time, Showcase may provide eligible Members with the chance to participate in promotions to earn additional Credit and Rewards. Each promotion will have its own set of terms and conditions and may require Members to opt into (register for) the promotion. Members will be notified of the promotions via email and/or push notifications.
- At any given time, Showcase may provide Members with limited time offers on movie tickets and concession stand items. These offers will have their own set of terms and conditions and will not be eligible for combination with other promotional offers or Program benefits (i.e., discounts and upgrades etc.).
To be eligible for Member benefits and to earn Credit for purchases, Members must (i) present their Membership number when purchasing tickets at the box office, (ii) enter their Membership number when prompted at our in-theater kiosks, (iii) login to their Starpass account when purchasing tickets through showcasecinemas.com, (iv) enter their Membership number in the appropriate area designated on the ticketing partner transaction page for purchases, or (v) present their Membership number at the concession stand when purchasing qualifying concession products. It is the Member’s responsibility to present his/her Membership number to be entered at the time of the transaction.
To earn Credit, the Membership account must be active at the time of purchase. Members will NOT be credited retroactively for purchases made without an active Membership account presented at the time of purchase.
Showcase is not responsible for the use or redemption of Rewards from an account that has been lost, stolen or otherwise used without Member’s permission.
All Rewards are the property of Showcase.
If upon the entry of a Membership number, the computer is inaccessible or if the Member forgot his/her account number, original ticket stubs and receipts are required to receive Credit for the transactions in question. The manual adjustment request can be made by contacting the Customer Service desk in theater or by emailing Starpass@showcasecinemas.com. Manual adjustments will not be made for purchases made beyond thirty (30) calendar days from the date of original purchase. Showcase reserves the right to refuse manual adjustments in the event of suspected abuse of the Program or fraud.
Ticket Refunds. All Credit that a Member has earned for the purchase that is being refunded will be deducted from the accumulated Credit balance.
Visit FAQ'S for full refund policy and questions.
Showcase shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations under these Program Terms, if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Showcase shall not be liable to any Member (including a Member’s guests) for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Program.
These Program Terms, including all documents referenced herein, represent the entire understanding between us and any user of the Program with respect to the Program and supersedes any other agreements, statements or representations. Headings used in these Program Terms are for reference only and shall not affect the meaning of any terms. Any user of any portion of the Program is deemed to have accepted these Program Terms.
CHANGES TO THESE PROGRAM TERMS.
We may change these Program Terms at any time, including terminating the Program, in whole or in part, without notice or liability by posting revised Program Terms on the Member Program website. Any change shall take effect immediately upon posting, unless otherwise provided. You may view the current version of these Program Terms at any time online.
Date of Last Revision: 5/15/2019