1. General Information: The Showcase Cinemas See 3 and Go Free Promotion (the “Promotion”), sponsored by National Amusements, Inc. (“Sponsor”), begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on May 21, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on July 31, 2020 (the “Promotion Period”). During the Promotion Period, a participant must meet the Promotion requirements on three (3) separate visits to a Participating Showcase Cinemas Location, as defined in Exhibit A. All qualifying purchases must be made during the Promotion Period. When a participant satisfies the Promotion requirements as described below, s/he will receive one (1) complimentary movie ticket to be used during the Redemption Period. The Redemption Period begins at 12:01 a.m. on August 1, 2020 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 31, 2020. The Promotion is void wherever prohibited by law, or where the Promotion does not comply with applicable registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before entering. This contract includes limitations of your rights and remedies.
2. To Participate: This Promotion is open to all registered members of Showcase Starpass who make a qualifying box office purchase and qualifying Coca-Cola beverage purchase during the same visit at any Participating Showcase Cinemas Location. Showcase SuperLux in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts is explicitly excluded from this Promotion. To be considered a registered Showcase Starpass member, the member must provide all required registration details when joining the program online or in-theatre at the box office or customer service desk and associate the registration information with a Starpass membership card. A qualifying box office purchase shall consist of a minimum of one (1) paid admission ticket to any movie or special presentation. Ticket purchases made with Showcase Cinemas Prestige passes shall be considered a qualifying box office purchase. All tickets purchased with a complimentary pass or voucher including but not limited to trip passes, promotional tickets, re-mit passes, loyalty ticket vouchers, run of engagement passes and any other free pass or voucher used to purchase a movie ticket shall not be considered a qualifying purchase. A qualifying Coca-Cola beverage purchase shall include any Coca-Cola beverage including but not limited to fountain beverages, bottled and canned beverages, and additional products distributed by The Coca-Cola Company (or its bottlers) and sold at Showcase Cinemas. For the purposes of this promotion, “same visit” is defined as the date of the movie or special presentation regardless of the date on which the ticket was purchased. One (1) qualifying purchase may be made per Starpass member per day. By participating in this Promotion, you are consenting to be bound by these Rules.
3. Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio and Rhode Island who are 13 years or older (or age of majority in his/her state of residence) at the time of entry, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Promotion is not open to (a) any employees of Sponsor, the prize providers, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising or promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), or (b) any such employee’s immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling, half-sibling, child, and step-child) or any person living in the same household as such individuals. Any false or deceptive acts by you will render you ineligible.
4. General Program Description: The Promotion is open to all registered Showcase Starpass members who make qualifying same-day purchases at a Participating Showcase Cinemas Location. Once a registered Starpass member has made qualifying purchases on three (3) separate visits during the Promotion Period at a Participating Showcase Cinemas Location, s/he will receive one (1) free general admission ticket. The free ticket will automatically be loaded to the participant’s registered Starpass membership card and may be redeemed during the period from August 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020 (“Redemption Period”) at the box office of any Participating Showcase Cinemas Location. Should a Starpass member meet the Promotion requirements more than once, additional free movie tickets will be issued in the same manner and with the same Redemption Period. One (1) qualifying purchase may be made per Starpass member per day.
5. Description of Award and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Each participant who meets the requirements of this Promotion as identified above in Section 4: General Program Description shall receive one (1) complimentary movie ticket valid for general admission to a 2D movie of the participant’s choice at any Participating Showcase Cinemas Location. The ticket shall not be valid for special engagements or movies presented in Lux Level, 3D, IMAX®, Showcase XPlus or Showcase MX4D. Should a participant wish to use the award for a ticket to a movie playing in 3D, IMAX®, Showcase XPlus or Showcase MX4D, the participant may apply the award to the 2D general admission portion of the ticket only. Any service fee or premium fee for movies playing in 3D, IMAX®, Showcase XPlus and Showcase MX4D are the sole responsibility of the participant. Service and/or premium fees for these formats will not be waived. (ARV: $13.00)
6. General Promotion Terms: Sponsor will also be the administrator of this Promotion. The ARV of the movie ticket is based on information available to Sponsor. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and the participant will not receive the difference (if any) between, the actual value of the movie ticket at the time of the award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. Free movie tickets are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s sole discretion (which item shall be subject to these Official Rules). Items are nonrefundable, not redeemable for cash, and not transferable, and no cash alternative is available. If the participant is unable to, or elects not to, use any part of the free movie ticket within the Redemption Period, the participant will forfeit the ticket. The Promotion award is limited to that specified in Section 5 above, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in the award and are solely the participant’s responsibility. Any and all taxes on an award are the sole responsibility of the recipient of such award. The value of any item awarded to a participant may be reported for tax purposes as required by law, and such participant must provide any additional information requested by Sponsor so that Sponsor can comply with applicable tax reporting obligations. By participating in the Promotion, you waive the right to assert any and all claims arising from or related to costs of verification or redemption of or travel to claim a prize and any liability or publicity that might arise from claiming or seeking to claim an award. Additional restrictions may apply.
Disclaimer: The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for lost, late, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible transaction records; qualifying purchases not completed during the Promotion Period for any reason; or other errors of any kind. The free movie ticket is awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of participants, or the distribution of any movie tickets. In the event that viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or any other matter beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control (each, an “Uncontrollable Event”) prevents, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion such that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Promotion at any time in its sole discretion, and the Promotion Entities shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for such Uncontrollable Event or any such cancellation, termination or suspension.
Disqualification: Sponsor may disqualify any participant (and cause any applicable movie ticket(s) to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (a) the participant fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (b) the inability of Sponsor to contact a participant or the return of any Participant Notification, notice, or free movie ticket as undeliverable.
7. Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, AND (B) TO FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION ENTITIES (AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, FINES, COSTS, EXPENSES, CAUSES OF ACTION, PERSONAL INJURIES, LOSS, OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (i) THE PROMOTION OR PARTICIPATION (OR THE INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE) IN THE PROMOTION AND/OR ANY ELEMENT OR ACTIVITY THEREOF; (ii) ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (1) LOST, LATE, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED, OR DESTROYED PRIZES; OR (2) THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, ANY DEFECTS IN ANY PRIZE, OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE; OR (iii) ANY ERRORS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY MARKETING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. NEITHER THE COCA-COLA COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, JOINT VENTURES, BOTTLERS OR CUSTOMERS ARE A SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST/PROMOTION AND SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ASPECT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST/PROMOTION.
8. Disputes; Governing Law: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any disputes that may arise hereunder will be governed in all respects by the laws of the without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes will be had only in the state and federal courts located within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without waiver of any right to removal by Sponsor pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 1441, et seq.
9. Publicity and Intellectual Property: Where permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you consent that the Sponsor and the Promotion Entities, and those acting pursuant to the authority of any of the foregoing, can, as applicable, print, publish, broadcast, and use any materials (in whole or in part, or in edited form) you submit in connection with the Promotion, including your name, photo, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and other biographical information, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to the Promotion, whether written or oral, for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation.
11. Conduct: By participating in the Promotion and accepting a free movie ticket after meeting the criteria of the Promotion, the participant agrees to behave in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Promotion or related activity. The participant understands and agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its respective sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the participant (and/or his or her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the participant’s (and/or his or her guest’s) behavior at any point (a) is uncooperative or disruptive; (b) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (c) may or does cause damage to any person or property or the reputation of Sponsor; or (d) otherwise violates the policies of such prize provider; and, in such a case, the participant will forfeit all remaining elements of the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to participating in the Promotion.
12. Copy of Official Rules: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to National Amusements, Inc., Attn: Showcase Cinemas See 3 and Go Free Promotion, 846 University Ave., Norwood, MA 02062. Requests must be received within two (2) months of the end of the Promotion Period.
13. Miscellaneous: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision was not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
“Participating Showcase Cinemas Location” shall mean any of the following Showcase Cinemas locations:
|BLACKSTONE VALLEY||BLACKSTONE VALLEY CINEMA DE LUX 70 Worcester Providence Turnpike Milbury, MA 01527|
|RIDGE HILL||SHOWCASE CINEMA DE LUX RIDGE HILL 29 Fitzgerald Street Yonkers, NY 10710|
|BROADWAY||BROADWAY MULTIPLEX CINEMAS 955 Broadway Mall Hicksville, NY 11801|
|CITY CENTER||CITY CENTER 15 CINEMA DE LUX 19 Mamaroneck Ave White Plains, NY 10601|
|COLLEGE POINT||COLLEGE POINT MULTIPLEX 2855 Ulmer Street Whitestone, NY 11357|
|CONCOURSE PLAZA||CONCOURSE MULTIPLEX CINEMAS 214 East 161st Street Bronx, NY 10451|
|CROSS COUNTY||CROSS COUNTY MULTIPLEX CINEMA 2 South Drive Yonkers, NY 10704|
|FAIRFIELD CINEMAS AT BULLARD SQ.||FAIRFIELD CINEMAS 40 Blackrock Turnpike Fairfield, CT 06430|
|FARMINGDALE||FARMINGDALE MULTIPLEX CINEMAS 1001 Broad Hollow Road, Rte 110 Farmingdale, NY 11735|
|ISLAND 16||ISLAND 16 CINEMAS DELUX 185 Morris Ave Holtsville, NY 11742|
|JAMAICA||JAMAICA CENTER MULTIPLEX 159-02 Jamaica Ave Jamaica, NY 11423|
|LEGACY PLACE||SHOWCASE CINEMA DE LUX: LEGACY PLACE 670 Legacy Place, Dedham, MA 02026|
|LINDEN BLVD.||LINDEN BOULEVARD MULTIPLEX CINEMAS 2784 Linden Boulevard Brooklyn, NY 11208|
|LOWELL||SHOWCASE CINEMAS LOWELL 32 Reiss Avenue Lowell, MA 01853|
|NORTH ATTLEBORO||SHOWCASE CINEMAS N. ATTLEBORO 640 Washington Street N. Attleborough, MA 02760|
|PATRIOT PLACE||SHOWCASE CINEMA DE LUX: PATRIOT PLACE 24 Patriot Place Foxborough, MA 02035|
|PROVIDENCE PLACE||PROVIDENCE PLACE CINEMA 16 10 Providence Place Mall Providence, RI 02903|
|RANDOLPH||SHOWCASE CINEMAS RANDOLPH 73 Mazzeo Drive Randolph, MA 02368|
|REVERE||SHOWCASE CINEMAS REVERE 565 Squire Road Revere, MA 02151-1866|
|SEEKONK RT. 6||SHOWCASE CINEMAS SEEKONK RTE. 6 100 Commerce Way Seekonk, MA 02771|
|SPRINGDALE||SPRINGDALE 18: CINEMA DE LUX 12064 Springfield Pike Springdale, OH 45246-1601|
|WARWICK||SHOWCASE CINEMAS WARWICK 1200 Quaker Lane Warwick, RI 02886|
|WARWICK MALL||SHOWCASE CINEMAS WARWICK MALL 400 Bald Hill Road - Warwick Mall Warwick, RI 02886|
|WOBURN||SHOWCASE CINEMAS WOBURN 25 Middlesex Canal Parkway Woburn, MA 01801-2201|
|WORCESTER NORTH||SHOWCASE CINEMAS WORC. NORTH 135 Brooks Street Worcester, MA 01611|