- General Information: DEVOTION VIDEO CALL SWEEPSTAKES (the “Promotion”), sponsored by National Amusements, Inc. (“Sponsor”), begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on November 21, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on December 6, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion is void wherever prohibited by law, or where the Promotion does not comply with applicable registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to these Official Rules, which are a contract, so read them carefully before entering. This contract includes limitations of your rights and remedies.
- To Participate: Starpass loyalty members who purchase a ticket to “Devotion” during the promotion period will automatically be entered to for a chance to win. Multiple entries are allowed, up to a maximum of one entry per day per person. Entries that exceed that number will be determined to be void. By participating in this Promotion, you are consenting to be bound by these Official Rules. Starpass Members can participate without purchasing a ticket by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope that includes their Starpass Account Number to “Showcase Devotion Video Call Sweepstakes,” Attn: Lucia Conte, 846 University Ave, Norwood MA 02062. Mail-in entries that do not include a Starpass Account Number will be ineligible.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Massachusetts, New York, Ohio and Rhode Island who are 18 years or older at the time of entry, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Promotion is not open to (a) any employees of Sponsor, Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. (“CTMG”), the prize providers, or any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or advertising or promotion agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), or (b) any such employee’s immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, step-parent, sibling, step-sibling, half-sibling, child, and step-child) or any person living in the same household as such individuals. Any false or deceptive acts by you will render you ineligible.
- Selection of Winner: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by Sponsor through the email address provided on or about December 7, 2022. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during one (1) day from the date of the first attempt to contact potential winner, or if potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
- Description of Prize: The Sweepstakes prizes shall include one (1) virtual video call for up to twenty (20) minutes with the author of “The Devotion,” Adam Makos (“Author”), subject to Author’s availability and CTMG”s discretion. Approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize is $0.
- General Promotion Terms: Sponsor will also be the administrator of this Promotion. The ARV of the award is based on information available to Sponsor. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for, and the participant will not receive the difference (if any) between, the actual value of the award at the time of the award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. Award is subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an item of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s sole discretion (which item shall be subject to these Official Rules). Items are nonrefundable, not redeemable for cash, not transferable, and no cash alternative is available. If the participant is unable to, or elects not to, use any part of the award within the Redemption Period, the participant will forfeit the prize. The Promotion award is limited to that specified in Section 5 above, and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in the award and are solely the participant’s responsibility. Any and all taxes on an award are the sole responsibility of the recipient of such award. The value of any item awarded to a participant may be reported for tax purposes as required by law, and such participant must provide any additional information requested by Sponsor so that Sponsor can comply with applicable tax reporting obligations. By participating in the Promotion, you waive the right to assert any and all claims arising from or related to costs of verification or redemption of or travel to claim an award and any liability or publicity that might arise from claiming or seeking to claim an award. Additional restrictions may apply.
- Disclaimer: The Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any typographical or other printing errors in the offer or administration of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or these Official Rules, the selection or announcement of participants, or the distribution of any awards. In the event that viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, pandemic accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or any other matter beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control (each, an “Uncontrollable Event”) prevents, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion such that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Promotion at any time in its sole discretion, and the Promotion Entities shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for such Uncontrollable Event or any such cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Disqualification: Sponsor may disqualify any participant (and cause any applicable award to be forfeited) due to any of the following: (a) the participant fails to comply with any of the terms, conditions, restrictions, or limitations of these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion); or (b) the inability of Sponsor to contact a participant or the return of any Participant Notification, notice, or free movie ticket as undeliverable.
- Release and Indemnification: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE: (A) TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, AND (B) TO FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTION ENTITIES (AND THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS OF EACH OF THE FOREGOING) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, FINES, COSTS, EXPENSES, CAUSES OF ACTION, PERSONAL INJURIES, LOSS, OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (i) THE PROMOTION OR PARTICIPATION (OR THE INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE) IN THE PROMOTION AND/OR ANY ELEMENT OR ACTIVITY THEREOF; (ii) ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM, ARISING FROM, OR IN CONNECTION WITH (1) LOST, LATE, STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, DAMAGED, OR DESTROYED PRIZES; OR (2) THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, ANY DEFECTS IN ANY PRIZE, OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE; OR (iii) ANY ERRORS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR ANY MARKETING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION. NEITHER CTMG NOR ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, JOINT VENTURES, BOTTLERS OR CUSTOMERS ARE A SPONSOR OF THIS CONTEST/PROMOTION AND SHALL BEAR NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY ASPECT OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST/PROMOTION.
- NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: Each participant understands and agrees that they shall have no right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution, or exploitation of the Sweepstakes or the motion picture “Devotion” or any other movie, production, or project of CTMG or any of its affiliate
- Disputes: Governing Law: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Any disputes that may arise hereunder will be governed in all respects by the laws of the without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes will be had only in the state and federal courts located within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without waiver of any right to removal by Sponsor pursuant to 18 U.S.C. §§ 1441, et seq.
- Publicity and Intellectual Property: Where permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you consent that the Sponsor and the Promotion Entities, and those acting pursuant to the authority of any of the foregoing, can, as applicable, print, publish, broadcast, and use any materials (in whole or in part, or in edited form) you submit in connection with the Promotion, including your name, photo, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and other biographical information, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to the Promotion, whether written or oral, for advertising and promotional purposes throughout the world in any and all media now known or existing at any time in the future, without further approval, notification, or compensation.
- Conduct: By participating in the Promotion and accepting the award, the participant agrees to behave in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Promotion or related activity. The participant understands and agrees that Sponsor has the right, in its respective sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the participant (and/or his or her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the participant’s (and/or his or her guest’s) behavior at any point (a) is uncooperative or disruptive; (b) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (c) may or does cause damage to any person or property or the reputation of Sponsor; or (d) otherwise violates the policies of such prize provider; and, in such a case, the participant will forfeit all remaining elements of the prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to participating in the Promotion.
- List of Winners / Copy of Official Rules: To obtain a list of winners or copy of these Official Rules, mail your request, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to National Amusements, Inc., Attn: DEVOTION, 846 University Ave., Norwood, MA 02062. Requests must be received within two (2) months of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Miscellaneous: Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, or illegal provision was not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Official Rules, Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion. You agree to waive any rights to claim ambiguity of these Official Rules. Headings are solely for convenience of reference and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of any provision. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials and these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control, and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with CTMG or its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. 10202 W. Washington Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
DEVOTION © 2022 CTMG. All Rights Reserved.