Our ushers maintain high visibility throughout the cinema while ensuring our customers are provided with a secure, safe, comfortable, enjoyable, and entertaining moviegoing experience. Our ushers explain various cinema programs including reserved seating, loyalty, Event Cinema and premium formats. Ushers must present themselves as professional and well-groomed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Greet and direct customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Commit to the standards of the Showcase brand
- Provide a professional (inclusive, respectful, responsive) and welcoming (friendly) environment
- Support a simple and worry free environment (clean and safe)
- Makes service enjoyable, fun and memorable
- Sell Showcase offerings (exclusive formats, loyalty programs, branded programs)
- Own service recovery
- Ensure accurate collection of ticket stubs while scanning any online ticket purchases
- Monitor auditoriums for temperature control, picture and sound quality and potential disruptions
- Assist management in receiving deliveries
- Maintain the safety and exceptional cleanliness of the cinema lobby, auditoriums, restrooms, entrance/exit ways, storage areas and exterior grounds
- This includes sweeping, mopping, and picking up trash
- Provide accurate information to customers on show summaries, schedules and ratings
- Communicate promptly to management any concerns affecting the cinema’s operation
- Assist management of removing ice and snow during inclement weather
- Load and operate (if over the age of 18) trash compactors and balers
- Assist customers with seating arrangements
- Availability for weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates and
- Stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours.
- Must adhere to defined cleaning and safety protocols including wearing assigned PPE, maintaining social distance and properly utilizing tools for the health and safety of themselves and others.
Management reserves the right to add or modify duties and/or responsibilities for this role as needed.