Our ushers maintain high visibility throughout the cinema while ensuring our customers are provided with a secure, safe, comfortable, enjoyable, and entertaining moviegoing experience. Our ushers explain various cinema programs including reserved seating, loyalty, Event Cinema and premium formats. Ushers must present themselves as professional and well-groomed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Greet and direct customers in a friendly and courteous manner
- Commit to the standards of the Showcase brand
- Provide a professional (inclusive, respectful, responsive) and welcoming (friendly) environment
- Support a simple and worry free environment (clean and safe)
- Makes service enjoyable, fun and memorable
- Sell Showcase offerings (exclusive formats, loyalty programs, branded programs)
- Own service recovery
- Ensure accurate collection of ticket stubs while scanning any online ticket purchases
- Monitor auditoriums for temperature control, picture and sound quality and potential disruptions
- Assist management in receiving deliveries
- Maintain the safety and exceptional cleanliness of the cinema lobby, auditoriums, restrooms, entrance/exit ways, storage areas and exterior grounds
- This includes sweeping, mopping, and picking up trash
- Provide accurate information to customers on show summaries, schedules and ratings
- Communicate promptly to management any concerns affecting the cinema’s operation
- Assist management of removing ice and snow during inclement weather
- Load and operate (if over the age of 18) trash compactors and balers
- Assist customers with seating arrangements
- Availability for weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates and
- Stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours.
Management reserves the right to add or modify duties and/or responsibilities for this role as needed.